Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Patriotic Parfaits

Hi, I'm Kate and I'm a summer intern at Oasis Family Farm! This means that I get to write posts for this blog and help out with other fun things at the farm. I can't wait to share an inside look at life on the farm with you!

A little about me - my favorite animals are cows, and my favorite fruit are tomatoes (yes, they're a fruit!) I love spending time at the beach and I also love cooking... which leads me to my first post!

Patriotic Parfaits



I can’t wait to start celebrating the Fourth of July! It’s one of my favorite summer holidays, and I love the chance to create delicious goodies in red, white, and blue hues.

To take a break from the heat on a hot summer day, I love to whip up a quick snack of a patriotic parfait. This simple, healthy, and colorful treat is fun to make and even more fun to eat!

You’ll need:
  •  Fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or whatever your favorite red and blue fruits are!
  •  Plain or vanilla flavored yogurt – my current favorite is plain Greek yogurt, it’s so thick and creamy
  • Some fresh, local honey if you want your treat to be just a little sweet!

Find a tall glass or bowl and begin with a layer of blueberries. Then, add a layer of yogurt, followed by a layer of strawberries or raspberries. Add another layer of yogurt, and then repeat the steps until your glass is almost full. Top it off with a few extra pieces of fruit, a drizzle of honey on top, and you’re all set!

The protein from the yogurt and the refreshing, juicy berries make for a great afternoon pick-me-up, and the festive colors always remind me that July 4th is just around the corner!

To celebrate the Fourth on the farm, we'll be throwing an Independence Celebration on Sunday, July 6th! To join us and to find more info, check out: http://www.oasisfamilyfarm.com/events/independence-celebration-on-the-farm/

What are your favorite afternoon snacks? Be sure to share photos of your parfait masterpieces! You can find us on Twitter and Instagram with our handle @oasisfamilyfarm, or join the conversation on Facebook. We’d love to see your creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment